Sunday, February 24, 2008

Eighth Entry: #2 Research Essay Glossing Activity

The general theme of my paper is how romantic comedies affect many women’s perception of a relationship. One central theme I could see was how I kept reefing to how women look at situations, and base the outcome on romantic comedies. Many women go into relationships believing certain fabrications from romantic comedies, such as drama is always present in a relationship, and no matter what happens prince charming will sweep you off your feet. Although sometimes these situations may occur, it is very rare and most women will probably never experience anything to that degree.

One idea in my paper that I was surprised by was the reasoning that it is someone’s job to formulate the romantic comedy premises. I made a good point in saying that there are multiple people who can come up with ideas and dialogue, probably using their imagination and not experience. I think I need to elaborate on this topic more and discuss how the situations many women see on the screen are paid to create elaborate plots that will engage the audience and want them to feel what the characters are feeling.

I feel like my paper does not go into enough detail on how some women are being affected. I think I need to put an example of someone, other than myself in my paper so that readers can see how much of an effect romantic comedies, such as “When Harry Met Sally”, have on society. I think more elaboration and specific situations will engage my readers more thoroughly and allow them to connect with my topic.

No comments: